Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Holidays

The mere mention of summer holidays transport me to those long long days which we used to spend giggling,munching and playing with friends, unmindful of the scorching heat, unmindful of Ma's stern stares and reprimands.
How I used to love licking the sweet tamarinds,ice lollies and candies, following my cousins all around the house like a tail - that was the best I could manage since nobody gave me any particular attention,I being the youngest of the lot.
So it was kind of reliving those magical moments when I went to my masi's place this time.My young ones were thoroughly pampered and so was I.
Taking some time out of our schedules is a must , if only to remodel our perspective, if only to let our children too get a taste of that magical world found only in our extended families. We should really drop our inhibitions and complexes (however high or low they might be) and take time out to be with our kin.It is therapeutic. It is for me.
My children are happier,they have enjoyed themselves thoroughly with their cousins.
I am happier and more positive towards my life.

1 comment:

priti prabhakar said...

Hi Sapna,

Missing You!
and Jagu's gazal : Woh kagaz
ki kashti...
Woh barish
ka pani....
Love Priti