Monday, May 28, 2007

Chilren's Aptitude tests

I passed out of my X in 1987 .As far as I was concerned , my career stream was chosen according to my marks. I was very good in PCM and even Biology ; got an amazing rank in JET (I was 9th in Punjab) and therefore landed in a prestigious engineering college in the department of Computer Sciences. But inspite of being a good teacher today in my Department , I am not satisfied with what I did , I always keep on thinking about what I could have done .I don’t have the aptitude for being an engineer but I am a good listener , a good adviser and a good lecturer ( at least my students say so). Life has been kind to me but would it show the same kindness to my children? What kind of training should they get to get the best out of their personalities? If my daughter is a bit absent minded but still good at her studies , should I pressurize her to score more? I often think about this predicament of mine , how should I introduce her to the gift of enjoying life without wasting her talents? Because that is exactly what I have done at times : wasted my talents and precious time too.

No comments: